Policies / Terms of Service
Regarding missed classes:
- ALL CLASS, COURSE, AND WORKSHOP REGISTRATIONS, PRIVATE LESSONS, AND STUDIO RENTAL PAYMENTS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Workshop registrations may be transferable. Email us to find out.
- Private lesson and studio rental times may be adjusted in case of client's inability to keep the original appointment. Client must give at least 48 hours notice on any events to be rescheduled.
- If you have any unused classes at the end of a course session they will not be refunded or credited.
- If a course does not run due to low enrollment (under 3 students registered 48 hours before the start of the course), all registrants of said course will be given the option of moving to a different course, studio credit, or a refund.
- Because our space is limited and we want you to have personal attention as you learn, all classes have a maximum capacity of 10 or 12 students.
- You may register for any course through the second week of the session, but will have to do so in person once the session has begun. Email us for more information.
- Classes with drop-in availability are noted in the class descriptions. Courses that do not meet the minimum enrollment as a course will be dropped for the session and unavailable for drop-in classes. If a course reaches maximum capacity it will also not be available for drop-in students. Please contact the studio prior to class to reserve your spot for a drop-in.
- Your experience and growth as a dancer is important to us, which is why some classes have certain prerequisites. If you have any questions regarding your qualifications for a class, feel free to email us.
- If a class is canceled due to inclement weather or instructor illness/injury, the studio will make reasonable accommodations to provide a make-up class for you and all other students impacted by the cancellation. These rescheduled classes are open only to the students enrolled in the course and are not open to drop-in students or those making up their own missed classes.
- ALL CLASS, COURSE, AND WORKSHOP REGISTRATIONS, PRIVATE LESSONS, AND STUDIO RENTAL PAYMENTS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
- You should wear comfortable fitted active wear to class such as yoga pants and a well-fitting tank top or t-shirt.
- You may, if you choose, wear a quiet dance scarf, shawl, or mini accent skirt around your hips. No coins or bells.
- You may dance barefoot, in socks, or in a soft heeled dance shoe such as a ballet slipper, jazz flat, lyrical shoe/sandal, or dance sneaker. Street shoes and hard heeled dance shoes are not allowed on the dance floor.
- Please do not wear the following items to class: belly dance costumes, skirts, noisy jewelry or accessories, "harem" pants, or any baggy or bulky items.
- You do not have to show your midriff in class, in fact, most of our students and instructors choose not to.
Regarding missed classes:
- Dance education is most effective when it is consistent. Your tuition payment specifically reserves your spot for the duration of the course in the class day and time for which you have registered.
- If you must miss a class for any reason, Eastern Groove offers as a courtesy to you the opportunity to make up a maximum of three classes in a course session at or below your skill level, and in a class of equal or lesser value with the same instructor.
- This opportunity is based on availability and should not be viewed as a substitute for regular attendance. Please confirm with your instructor that she will accept make-up students in a particular class before attending.