GET YOUR TECHNIQUE TUNE-UP IN
A MONTHLY WORKSHOP SERIES DETAILING THE DATURA STYLE™ TECHNIQUE STUDIES
What is a Datura Style™ technique study?
A Datura Style™ technique study is a concentrated practice that focuses on a specific set of body isolations that are drilled with foot patterns and arm pathways. This is followed by one or two dance combinations using the same movement families to integrate the technique into our dance movement.
In our 90 minute Study Hall workshop, we break down each element of the technique study in detail, building eventually up to the finished study that you can then use in your own regular practice.
Dates and topics of upcoming Study Halls are listed below.
Study Hall tuition is $30.
HIP UP STUDY
Saturday, January 23
Hip ups with foot patterns, hip bumps, pivot bumps, swings, Ghawazee prep, sit-toe-toe, and heel-toe-toe steps. Finger cymbals optional.
RIB UP STUDY
Saturday, February 20
Chest lifts & drips, ribcage lifts & drops, (both with foot patterns), Arabics, inverted Arabics, deep body waves, body waves over a level, and hinges. Finger cymbals optional.
How to Register:
- Go to our registration site using the button above.
- If you are new to Eastern Groove you will be guided through the steps of setting up a student account and signing our liability waiver. If you are a returning student you will be prompted to log into your current account.
- Click on "register for classes" then the upcoming session months to see and select your Study Hall.
- Registration is not complete until payment is made.
- Please click here to read our terms of service and class policies before registering.
- ALL REGISTRATION PURCHASES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE